“So, like, what number of Twitter followers do you’ve gotten?”
Pay attention: you possibly can’t dismiss your follower depend on Twitter as an arrogance metric.
As a result of extra followers imply extra affect in your business and confirmed curiosity in your content material.
Moreover, Twitter is the go-to social community for partaking your viewers. In keeping with the latest Sprout Social Index™, 50% of social customers use Twitter each day and 30% wish to see manufacturers use it extra.
Quick-moving and so easy to make use of, Twitter is arguably the best social following to develop from zero.
However how do you get these followers within the first place?
How one can get extra followers on Twitter in 10 steps
On this fast information, we’re going to interrupt down precisely how one can get Twitter followers whether or not you’re struggling to develop or are beginning an account from scratch.
Listed below are our high 10 suggestions:
- Tweet continuously
- Publish visible content material
- Make the most of hashtags
- Turn out to be a part of a Twitter group
- Interact with replies, Retweets and tags
- Publish (and touch upon) Twitter threads
- Create an inviting profile
- Take part in Twitter chats
- Attract followers outdoors of Twitter
- Optimize your submit timing
No bots, no spammy ways. Simply 10 actionable steps you possibly can take ASAP to construct a significant following.
And with that, let’s dive in!
1. When doubtful, Tweet extra usually
Versus the likes of Fb or Instagram, Twitter historically requires a extra aggressive content material technique.
In keeping with analysis from RivalIQ, the highest 25% of top-performing accounts on Twitter submit ~12 instances per week. That’s roughly twice per day.
Given how rapidly the platform strikes, manufacturers can all the time err on the aspect of posting extra usually somewhat than being reserved. The important thing right here is to not solely promote your self and change up the kinds of content material you publish.
Fortunately, the chances for filling up your content material calendar are seemingly countless.
Tweets out of your followers. Related business articles. Buzzworthy stats. Breaking information. Private updates.
And that solely scratches the floor. Frequent publishing will provide help to rise within the Twitter algorithm, granted you diversify your content material technique.
The takeaway? Filling up your Twitter feed with recent content material lets potential followers know that you simply’re energetic, partaking and value following.
With the assistance of social scheduling software program, you possibly can often queue up content material with out having to continually Tweet in real-time. This successfully lets you entice new followers across the clock.
2. Prioritize visible content material at any time when attainable
Standard knowledge says that Tweets containing visible content material obtain extra likes, shares and Retweets than these with out them.
Manufacturers ought to try to couple their Tweets with some kind of imagery. Though there’s nothing mistaken with solely text-based Tweets, photos are higher poised to cease serial scrollers and encourage them to try your posts.
As you’re brainstorming posts and kinds of content material to publish, take into account:
- Adapt text-based posts into photos utilizing modifying instruments like Canva, Adobe Spark or Venngage.
- Creating infographics (reality: infographics noticed a 67% rise in 2020 and signify a few of the most-shared content material on Twitter).
- Movies (suppose: how-tos, greetings, snippets from long-form content material).
- .GIFs, memes and picture macros (when acceptable).
Whether or not you’re trying to inform or entertain your viewers (or each), filling your feed with visible content material will help convey new Twitter followers into the fold.
Observe: If you’re publishing exterior hyperlinks to Twitter continuously, be sure that your content material previews comprise a picture that isn’t only a random screenshot.
3. Harness the facility of hashtags
Consider Twitter hashtags as a option to make your posts searchable, nearly as a type of web optimization to your Twitter account.
Much like photos, Tweets that function a hashtag often obtain extra engagement than these with out them.
Tacking on a few hashtags to any given Tweet is a fast option to enhance the chance of recent followers discovering your account. Plus, doing so solely takes a few seconds and there are many hashtags to select from. For instance, you possibly can:
- Complement posts with business hashtags (equivalent to #web optimization or #ContentMarketing) that are nice to your skilled content material.
- Inject some persona into your feed through the use of widespread group hashtags (suppose: #MidweekMotivation)
- Piggyback on event-based hashtags as nicely (suppose: hashtags awards reveals, sporting occasions and the rest topical)
The one caveat with hashtags is to make use of them properly and to not go overboard. Posts brimming with hashtags look spammy at a look and are in any other case distracting. Ideally, it’s best to stick to 1 or two (three, tops).
And apart from, when you recognize which of your hashtags entice essentially the most followers you need to use them strategically. By profiting from Twitter analytics, you possibly can dig deeper into the top-performing tags to your model.
4. Interact with Twitter communities in your business
This can be a prime instance of how one can get followers on Twitter utilizing hashtags.
There are countless communities on Twitter that set up by way of hashtags (#DTCfam, #MarketingTwitter and #PRTwitter, to call a number of).
Though a few of these communities are organized by particular members, others are for basic industries and suggestions. Collaborating with communities by way of sharing recommendation or experiences is a constructive option to introduce your account to new followers.
Hashtag analytics will help you determine area of interest communities related to your enterprise. Likewise, peek on the bios of influencers and massive names in your business to see which hashtags they’re utilizing.
5. Grasp the humanities of tagging, Retweeting & replying
Getting extra followers on Twitter doesn’t should be a time-sink: it simply means benefiting from the time you spend on the platform.
Positive, you possibly can and completely ought to schedule Tweets to optimize engagement. However on the similar time, you don’t need your Twitter account to seem like it’s run by a bot.
It is advisable get within the trenches along with your followers, clients and business leaders alike. Usually partaking with different customers by way of tagging, Retweeting and replying instantly lets new followers know that you simply’re human and will get extra eyes in your model. Listed below are some suggestions:
- When replying to accounts, understand that an in depth, considerate response will rating you extra potential followers than a quick one-word reply.
- Shout out different manufacturers at any time when attainable. Tagging (@mentioning) different manufacturers as a praise is a well-liked tactic to indicate some like to others in your business.
- Retweet your followers and followers. Regardless of solely taking a number of seconds, doing so reveals that you simply worth engagement and are actively collaborating on the platform.
These small items of your engagement technique contribute to the larger image of attracting followers.
6. Sign your self as a helpful useful resource by way of Twitter threads
Widespread amongst enterprise communities, Twitter threads function a spot to interrupt down ideas and experiences inside a single Tweet chain.
Consider them as weblog posts within the type of Tweets. A inventive option to get essentially the most out of Twitter’s 280 character restrict, threads are sometimes brimming with dialogue.
Versus typical query or academic Tweets, threads are sometimes indicated by the thread emoji (see beneath). They can be denoted by what number of Tweets are within the thread chain. For instance, the primary Tweet in a thread would possibly begin with “(1/6)” and finish with “(6/6),” indicating there are six Tweets in whole.
Drained: Content material centered on web optimization objectives
Wired: Content material that powers your total advertising technique
This is why…
(That’s proper, a thread!) ? ? ?
— Amanda Natividad (@amandanat) June 24, 2021
As you determine how one can achieve Twitter followers, ask your self: what makes an account helpful sufficient to earn a “comply with?” Customers placing out helpful data frequently are sometimes those that develop their follower depend quickest. Threads will help you do precisely that.
7. Optimize your profile for brand new followers
Past your content material and engagement methods, there are a number of refined steps to make your Twitter profile friendlier to new followers.
Optimizing your profile entails three simple steps:
- A clear profile picture. For private accounts, this implies an unobstructed facial picture (versus a high-res emblem for manufacturers).
- Related tags, business key phrases and placement data. In brief, your profile needs to be “full” by describing what you do, your title, what firms you’re employed with and the place you use.
- A style of your persona. Giving your viewers a style of your human aspect is vital to attracting followers.
Merely put, fine-tuning these items of your profile helps assure a constructive first impression with individuals who’ve by no means interacted with you earlier than.
8. Take part in Twitter chats
For each communities and business influencers, Twitter chats are the right place to flex your data and get your account in entrance of recent followers. Chats sometimes happen on a weekly foundation and are denoted by a hashtag (#ContentClubUK or #SproutChat, for instance).
Goood morning ??☀️ #ContentClubUK is beginning in 30mins.
A reminder of the format:
✏️ I will tweet 3 questions on working in content material from 11am
✏️ You reply every utilizing the hashtag #ContentClubUK
— Christina Pashialis (ContentUK.co) (@christina_p) October 19, 2021
By turning into a constant participant in chat threads, you develop into a well-recognized determine in each the chat itself and your bigger model group. Particularly for up-and-coming customers, chats are nearly all the time going to have a a lot bigger potential attain than your personal account.
I all the time ask how a lot optimisation they count on (am I writing metadata, URLs, web page titles with key phrases or are you dealing with this) and Q’s equivalent to who’s importing content material, sourcing imagery and so forth. so I can embrace these in my time
— emily wooden (@originalisaac) October 19, 2021
9. Funnel followers from past Twitter
One of the essential steps to getting extra Twitter followers is selling your profile past the platform itself.
For many manufacturers, this implies:
- Together with social buttons as a part of your web site footer (see beneath).
- That includes your Twitter account inside your advertising emails.
- Cross-posting content material between social media platforms (suppose: selling widespread Tweets out of your accounts on Instagram or Fb).
Contemplating how commonplace Twitter is for entrepreneurs usually, there’s no disgrace in plastering your profile wherever you possibly can to assist encourage new followers.
10. Time your Tweets to perfection
And talking of timing, blasting your Tweets whereas your audience is sleeping gained’t provide help to achieve new followers.
In keeping with Sprout’s personal analysis on the most effective instances to submit on social media, manufacturers sometimes see essentially the most engagement throughout weekdays in the course of the mid-morning and early afternoon hours.
Whereas these numbers would possibly fluctuate relying in your time zone and viewers, timing your Tweets will help your account achieve some much-needed publicity.
Determining how one can get extra Twitter followers doesn’t imply spending all day to submit and reply, both. Ideally, manufacturers ought to schedule Tweets to hit the instances the place customers are extra energetic and Tweet in real-time at intervals all through the day as nicely.
Unsure of when it’s best to Tweet? Sprout’s ViralPost routinely schedules your Tweets to be despatched out when your viewers is most definitely to see and interact with them.
And with that, we wrap up our information!
Have you ever discovered how one can get followers on Twitter?
Rising your Twitter following doesn’t occur by chance. A mix of planning your content material, partaking with fellow customers and optimizing your profile is vital to attracting new followers.
Should you’ve been struggling to determine how one can get extra Twitter followers, begin with these steps. A lot of them solely require a small dedication of time however could make all of the distinction when it comes to new leads, clients and publicity to your model.
Both means, the publishing and analytical options baked into Sprout are excellent for giving your follower depend a much-needed increase. Should you haven’t already, take a test-drive a trial of Sprout Social right now!