Social media is all over the place and during the last twenty years, it’s turn into one of many main advertising and marketing channels.
With a stable chunk of the world’s inhabitants on social media, it’s crucial that what you are promoting has an effective social media strategy that helps you attain your supposed viewers.
Right here, we have compiled an inventory of important social media stats to make sure you know the place to focus your advertising and marketing efforts in 2022 to get the very best ROI.
Social Media Advertising and marketing Report Statistics from HubSpot
In November 2021, the HubSpot Weblog surveyed 300+ social media entrepreneurs to study in regards to the methods they use, the codecs they leverage, and the challenges they face.
Listed below are among the most fascinating stats we found:
- 77% of social media entrepreneurs say social media advertising and marketing has been considerably to very efficient for his or her firm this 12 months.
- What’s extra, 37% of entrepreneurs who mentioned social media advertising and marketing was considerably to very ineffective cited COVID-19, probably as a result of speedy change in technique.
- The numer one objective entrepreneurs report having for his or her social media advertising and marketing technique is promoting their services or products, following by rising model consciousness.
- 82% of entrepreneurs say they repurpose content material throughout social media channels.
- Nearly all of entrepreneurs surveyed say they publish on most social media platforms 4 to 6 instances per week.
- The platforms with the bottom reported engagement ranges are Twitch, Snapchat, and Clubhouse.
- Quick-form movies is the highest social media format utilized by 54% of social media entrepreneurs, adopted by dwell streaming, dwell audio chatrooms, and user-generated content material.
- 80% of entrepreneurs say humorous content material is the simplest on social media.
- 68% of entrepreneurs’ firms work with influencers on social media.
- The most well-liked cadence to seek for new social media platforms is as soon as a month, adopted by as soon as per week.
- 84% of entrepreneurs goal Millennials as a part of their social media technique.
- The most important problem entrepreneurs face on social media is creating participating content material, reported by 27% of respondents.
- 67% of entrepreneurs say they work with micro influencers with 10K-100K followers or subscribers. Conversely, solely 29% say they work with mega influencers with greater than 1 million followers.
- 64% of entrepreneurs say they put money into constructing social media communities.
- 25% of respondents mentioned they imagine humorous content material is handiest with Gen Z.
Channel-Particular Social Media Statistics
- In a 2021 HubSpot Weblog ballot, 79% of entrepreneurs report shopping for paid promoting on Fb. (HubSpot)
- Customers spend a mean of 19.6 hours a month on Fb. (HootSuite)
- Fb is a well-liked supply of stories with 31% of People usually getting their information from the platform. (Pew Research)
- In line with the identical ballot, greater than 50% of entrepreneurs plan on rising their investments in Fb, YouTube, and TikTok in 2022. (HubSpot)
- Fb has 1.96 billion day by day lively customers as of Q1 2022. (Statista)
- 98.5% of Fb customers entry the platform on cell gadgets. (Statista)
- In a 2021 survey performed by the HubSpot Weblog, Fb was ranked #1 in social media funding, highest high quality leads, and ROI for paid adverts. (HubSpot)
- Fb adverts are utilized by 70% of entrepreneurs, and there have been 10 million lively advertisers on the platform in Q3 2021. (Social Media Examiner , Statista)
- Twitter has reached 229 million day by day lively customers as of the primary quarter of 2022. (Statista)
- In a HubSpot Weblog ballot, 79% of entrepreneurs plan to proceed investing in Twitter Areas in 2022. (HubSpot)
- Hyperlink clicks account for 92% of all person interplay with tweets. (HubSpot)
- The very best time to publish on Twitter is at 9 AM, and the very best days to publish are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. (Sprout Social)
- Tweets with hashtags get 100% extra engagement. (Twitter)
- 99% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot say they plan to proceed to speculate the identical quantity or enhance their funding in Twitter. (HubSpot)
- 93% of Twitter group members are open to manufacturers getting concerned in dialog, comparable to offering assist and assist. (Twitter)
For extra on Twitter, take a look at Twitter Advertising and marketing: The Final Information.
- In a 2021 HubSpot Weblog ballot, 58% of entrepreneurs plan to leverage Instagram Reels in 2022. (HubSpot)
- 64% of Instagram customers are underneath the age of 34. (Statista)
- 20% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot report producing the most important ROI when working with influencers on Instagram, solely behind Fb. (HubSpot)
- 98% of entrepreneurs say Instagram is essentially the most influential platform for influencer advertising and marketing, which is 44% greater than Fb. (Sprout Social)
- Movies get 21.2% extra interactions in comparison with photographs and 18.6% extra interactions in comparison with carousels. (Sprout Social)
- 61% of social media entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot say they plan to extend their funding in 2022.
- 90% of individuals on Instagram comply with a enterprise. (Instagram)
- In a 2021 HubSpot Weblog ballot, 73% of entrepreneurs desire Instagram for influencer advertising and marketing. (HubSpot)
- The very best instances to publish on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 AM, and Friday between 10-11 AM. Sunday is the worst day for engagement. (Sprout Social)
Take a look at extra Instagram stats right here.
- LinkedIn has greater than 830 million lively customers in 200 nations and areas worldwide. (LinkedIn)
- The most well-liked day to publish on LinkedIn is on Saturdays and Sundays. (HubSpot)
- In line with a HubSpot Weblog survey, most entrepreneurs publish on LinkedIn 4 to 6 instances per week. (HubSpot)
- In relation to B2B show advert spend, LinkedIn makes up the biggest share at 32.2%. (eMarketer)
- As of January 2022, 59% of LinkedIn customers have been between 25 and 34 years previous. (Statista)
- In Q3 2022, LinkedIn income is up 34% in YoY development. (LinkedIn)
- 87% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog survey mentioned LinkedIn provided common or excessive ROI. (HubSpot)
- 82% of B2B markers report discovering the best success on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn Marketing Solutions)
- Over 46% of all social media site visitors to firm web sites comes from LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- 40% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog survey say they plan to extend their funding within the platform in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The very best instances to publish on LinkedIn are on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to midday. The worst days are on weekends – with Saturdays and Sundays providing the bottom engagement ranges.(Sprout Social)
Wish to learn to up your advertising and marketing recreation on LinkedIn? This publish walks you thru the ins and outs of utilizing LinkedIn for enterprise.
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine globally. (Alexa)
- YouTube generates over 1.7 billion distinctive month-to-month guests. (Hootsuite)
- 42.5% of entrepreneurs use YouTube for influencer advertising and marketing, in response to a 2021 eMarketer report. (eMarketer)
- 50% of social media entrepreneurs surveyed by the HubSpot Weblog say they plan to extend their funding in YouTube in 2022. Actually, 20% of respondents say they plan to speculate on this platform essentially the most. (HubSpot)
- The variety of YouTube customers is projected to achieve 2.8 million by 2025. (Statista)
- In a 2021 HubSpot Weblog ballot, 44% of entrepreneurs plan to leverage YouTube for the primary time in 2022. (HubSpot)
- On cell gadgets alone, YouTube reaches extra adults aged 18 to 24 than any TV community. (YouTube)
- YouTube accounts for greater than 25% of complete worldwide cell site visitors. (Sandvine)
- Customers spend essentially the most hours on YouTube than some other social community at 23.7 hours a month. (HootSuite)
- 70% of TikTok customers agree they really feel a deeper connection to folks they work together with on TikTok in comparison with different social networks. (TikTok)
- In a 2021 HubSpot Weblog ballot, 61% of entrepreneurs plan to extend their funding in TikTok advertising and marketing in 2022. (HubSpot)
- Douyin, TikTok’s authentic standalone app in China, had 300 million customers on the time Musical.ly merged with TikTok. (The Verge)
- Two out of three customers are probably to purchase one thing on TikTok whereas utilizing the app. (TikTok)
- TikTok was essentially the most downloaded app of 2021. (HootSuite)
- 61% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot say they plan to extend their funding in TikTok in 2022. (HubSpot)
- 12% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot say they work with influencers essentially the most on TikTok. (HubSpot)
- A majority of U.S. TikTok customers are between the ages of 10 and 19. (Statista)
- Globally, customers spend a mean of 19.6 hours a month on TikTok on android telephones. (HootSuite)
- 61% of U.S. TikTok customers are feminine. (Statista)
- The most well-liked time to publish on TikTok is between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. (HubSpot)
- TikTok’s common engagement fee is excessive in any respect follower ranges. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
Reddit Statistics (65)
- As of Q3 2021, the Reddit cell app was counting greater than 13 million day by day lively customers worldwide on iOS. (Statista)
- 50% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot plan to extend their funding in Reddit. (HubSpot)
- The positioning receives greater than 50 billion+ month-to-month display screen views. (Reddit)
- 23% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot plan to leverage Reddit for the primary time in 2022. (HubSpot)
- Most Reddit customers within the U.S. are male, however 15% of U.S. adults say they use the platform. (Statista)
- Solely 2% of social media entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog plan to put money into Reddit essentially the most in 2022. (HubSpot)
- 49% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot purchase paid adverts on Reddit. (HubSpot)
- Reddit is an unlikely place for influencer advertising and marketing however 38% of entrepreneurs surveyed in a HubSpot Weblog ballot say they work with influencers on the platform. (HubSpot)
Social Media Consulting Companies
Many companies rent exterior social media consulting companies to handle their voice and repute on-line.
Alternatively, some companies create roles in-house for a social media advisor — that is somebody who’s liable for rising model consciousness, responding to customer support complaints throughout social media platforms, and fascinating together with your viewers on-line.
Whether or not you are contemplating hiring an exterior social media consulting service or creating a task in-house, check out these tendencies that show the significance of social media consulting:
- Answering a criticism on social media can enhance buyer advocacy by 25%. (Convince & Convert)
- 79% of shoppers count on manufacturers to reply inside a day of reaching out over social media, however common model response charges throughout all industries is decrease than 25%. (Sprout Social)
- 79% of individuals say that user-generated content material on social media considerably impacts their buying selections. (Stackla)
Pitching Social Media Consulting Companies
All these stats have given you the information it is advisable work with — now it is time to put your information to make use of and create your personal social media consulting proposal.
In case you’re a social media advisor and also you’re pitchinga branding, advertising and marketing, or promoting marketing campaign to a consumer, it’s vital you are in a position to present how you may assist your consumer develop their enterprise.
Listed below are six steps you may must take to make sure your social media consulting proposal or marketing strategy is efficient:
- Set clear objectives. Work out precisely the place your organization or consumer needs to go so far as their enterprise and social media numbers. The clearer and extra detailed the imaginative and prescient, the higher. Comply with SMART Objective pointers to make sure that you are heading in the right direction.
- Perceive your prospects. Know your goal demographics as a result of these are the folks you are making an attempt to achieve and interact. Collect your personal social media statistics and use current information your organization or consumer may have already got to determine who’s interacting with the enterprise and who may be good future prospects to achieve. After you have finished your analysis, you may create helpful character personas that will help you higher perceive and categorize prospects.
- Perceive your competitors. These “similar-but-different” firms are going to be on the market. And, as with most points of the enterprise world, the higher them, the higher you may know tips on how to have a leg up on them. You possibly can conduct this analysis on the identical time you are researching your prospects, as a result of chances are high they’re interacting with rivals as nicely. As soon as you have gathered the information in your rivals, one of the crucial efficient methods to make use of it’s to determine the place there may be voids of their providers that what you are promoting can fill.
- Be acquainted with any current social media presence. In case you’re employed to run an organization’s social media accounts, it’s vital about any earlier social media postings, accounts, and experiments. By understanding what your consumer has already tried, you are higher outfitted to take them the place they should go sooner or later.
- Remember to tug your information. Earlier than your new applied methods go underway, it is vital to gather a baseline of the way it was earlier than, so that you’ve one thing to measure towards sooner or later. For instance, for those who take stock of what number of views you are getting on Instagram Tales earlier than the brand new technique is in impact, you may see if the brand new concepts are enhancing these numbers or not. It is vital to maintain an in depth eye on what’s affecting your development (positively or negatively) in order that if you’re heading in the right direction or when it is advisable strive one thing new so what you are promoting can continue to grow.
- Develop your technique primarily based in your findings. Outline what your content material will likely be, what platforms it will likely be distributed on, and the way it will fluctuate between platforms. Work out smaller particulars at this stage too, like your consumer’s tone and voice on social media (both what it at the moment is or what it must be), together with design and magnificence parts. At all times be certain you are staying true to your organization or consumer’s model by consulting with current supplies like mission statements, guides, or model books.
Lastly, check out HubSpot’s free Marketing proposal template (helpful for each PDF & Phrase) to get you began making a complete social media consulting proposal.
Let Knowledge Drive Your Social Media Technique
Social media advertising and marketing statistics can present you the state of the enterprise world in the present day, the place it may be going, and how one can guarantee what you are promoting is constantly assembly prospects the place they need to be met. Use these statistics to your benefit that will help you perceive what it is advisable do to successfully use social media for what you are promoting in the present day.
Editor’s Be aware: This weblog publish was initially revealed in August 2019, however was up to date for comprehensiveness and freshness.