With over 1 billion monthly active users, TikTok has rapidly turn out to be one of many largest social media platforms on the earth.
What began as a enjoyable video streaming app for Gen Zers has taken the advertising and promoting world by storm, fully altering the way in which manufacturers create and share content material.
On this article, we’ll present you why TikTok needs to be a necessary a part of your social media advertising technique. And we’ll define the best way to greatest promote your merchandise, join with prospects and develop your corporation on TikTok.
Let’s get began.
Why ought to companies think about using TikTok?
It’s possible you’ll suppose that TikTok is all about challenges, pranks and dance movies. Whereas that’s not fully false, there’s additionally a ton of alternative within the leisure content material for manufacturers to attach with their viewers on a private degree.
Furthermore, 47.4% of US TikTok users are beneath the age of 30, and over half of these customers are youngsters. For manufacturers concentrating on youthful audiences, TikTok is a gold mine.
However even when your corporation is just not concentrating on Gen Z prospects, you may nonetheless profit from establishing a presence on the platform.
Relying in your trade and area of interest, these younger customers will ultimately develop as much as turn out to be your audience, with TikTok closely influencing their needs, aspirations and even buy selections. Plus, let’s not overlook the truth that over 50% of TikTok customers are nonetheless aged 30+, that means there’s a possible untapped viewers for your corporation on the platform now.
That stated, listed below are some high advantages of utilizing TikTok for enterprise:
- Improve model consciousness: TikTok provides a number of methods to unfold the phrase about your model. You possibly can work with influencers, run numerous kinds of advertisements and use options like hashtags and branded stickers to place your model within the highlight. Additionally, if you happen to create entertaining and distinctive content material, your movies have a excessive potential to go viral.
- Promote merchandise: The perfect factor about TikTok advertising is it doesn’t really feel like advertising. There are many methods to advertise your merchandise with out coming throughout as pushy, resembling by partnering with influencers that your viewers trusts, creating genuinely useful and entertaining movies, and extra.
- Enlarge your viewers: TikTok has thousands and thousands of customers distributed across 140+ countries. It’s top-of-the-line platforms to achieve a world viewers and develop your buyer base. Plus, there’s at all times the additional benefit of reaching unique TikTok customers who don’t actively use every other social platforms.
- Appeal to new prospects: TikTok is all about creating genuine, partaking content material that feels human and private. This helps you construct robust relationships together with your viewers and will increase the possibilities of them turning into prospects. Plus, if you happen to hop on the appropriate pattern on the proper time (and even higher, begin a pattern) you might find yourself buying lots of new prospects.
Now that we’ve lined why it is advisable to take your corporation on TikTok, let’s take a look at the alternative ways you should utilize the platform to its most potential.
8 methods to make use of TikTok for enterprise
It’s not sufficient to only be current on TikTok — or on any social platform for that matter. It’s how you make the most of the app’s inventive instruments and options that may get your corporation seen by thousands and thousands of customers worldwide.
Let’s discover how you should utilize TikTok as a part of your advertising technique.
1. Create distinctive and related content material
The very first thing you discover whenever you open the app and scroll via the feed is the seemingly countless quantity of video content material on the platform.
To face out on this sea of content material, your movies should be distinctive, attention-grabbing and related to each your viewers and your model. Beneath are some suggestions to remember.
- Contemplate the viewers and nature of the platform. TikTok is a spot for enjoyable, playful and entertaining content material — it is advisable to discover ways to adapt to this ‘tradition’ with out compromising your personal model voice and values.
- Keep away from creating overly formal and scripted movies. The extra genuine you might be, the higher you’ll do on TikTok. Don’t overthink that you just want a flowery video setup both. You possibly can simply shoot movies together with your telephone as lengthy a your concepts (and lighting) are good. Our information to distant video manufacturing is a good start line for social media video, wherever you propose to report.
- Present the human aspect of your corporation. Take your viewers behind-the-scenes at your workplace. Have your staff showcase their desks or what they do in a day. Do you’ve gotten an workplace pet? Have them say hiya to the digicam! Right here’s an instance of how eSports model Fnatic reveals customers round their HQ:
- Hop on traits and challenges. The great thing about TikTok is you by no means run out of concepts for brand spanking new movies. Merely lookup trending hashtags, music and movies, and take part. Bear in mind to place your personal twist on TikTok hashtags to make your model stand out. Right here’s how Burger King used a trending audio clip to create a enjoyable video of their very own:
2. Add music and results to your movies
TikTok is all about taking your social movies to the following degree and getting seen with the assistance of catchy, trending music and inventive results.
Merely faucet on Add Sound on the high of your recording display, and browse an enormous library of audio clips in classes like trending, really helpful and genres. It can save you sounds you wish to the Favorites tab to make use of later.
You possibly can add a sound earlier than or after recording your video, and likewise to beforehand recorded movies. Together with including sounds to your movies, you can even entry a bunch of video enhancing options from the recording display.
Right here’s a fast rundown of those options.
- Video size: Select from 15 seconds, 60 seconds or 3 minutes.
- Flip: Change between your telephone’s back and front cameras.
- Pace: Modify the body velocity of your movies to hurry them up or gradual them down.
- Filters: Apply colour or distinction filters to make your movies look extra enticing.
- Beautify: Entry an array of magnificence filters to change facial options.
- Timer: Cease recording routinely after a set time period.
- Reply: Reply to feedback by yourself or every other movies.
- Flash: Allow or disable flash in your telephone’s digicam.
- Results: Add overlays, face transformation results, background changers, voice changers, interactive results and extra.
- Templates: Drag and drop your pictures and/or movies into these pre-made templates to rapidly create eye-catching content material. You possibly can at all times edit the sounds, results and textual content later.
Different video enhancing options embody trimming your movies, becoming a member of a number of movies collectively, making use of results and filters after, and extra.
Be aware: It’s also possible to develop your personal branded filters, results and 3D objects, much like Instagram and Snapchat. TikTok customers can then use these components in their very own movies and unfold the phrase about your corporation.
3. Leverage TikTok’s content material publishing options
TikTok makes it simply as simple to share, optimize and manage your movies as it’s to report and edit them. Listed here are some methods you may leverage the platform’s content material publishing instruments to verify your movies get the eye they deserve.
- Write an outline: Your TikTok descriptions are restricted to 150 characters, so preserve them brief, significant and attention-grabbing. They could even be useful for visually or listening to impaired audiences to grasp the context of your movies.
- Embody hashtags: Including the appropriate hashtags may help your movies present up in entrance of the appropriate individuals. Take note of trending hashtags, and make yours as particular as potential to draw focused customers who’re truly focused on your content material.
- Tag buddies: In the event you’re collaborating with one other model, content material creator or influencer, you may tag them in your description utilizing the “@” image. That is additionally helpful if you happen to’re reposting user-generated content material and also you wish to give credit score to the unique creators.
- Add hyperlinks: If in case you have a TikTok Enterprise account, you may add a hyperlink in your bio by enhancing your profile and including a URL to the Web site subject. In your movies, you may then ask customers to enroll, browse merchandise or make a purchase order by way of the hyperlink in your bio.
- Modify privateness: Make your movies seen to solely your self, buddies or followers who you observe again, or everybody.
- Allow duet/sew: Permit customers to make use of your movies to create duets or sew your movies with their very own to create distinctive or response content material.
4. Determine when and the way usually to submit on TikTok
One of the crucial necessary methods for any social media platform — not simply TikTok — is to pay shut consideration to the utilization conduct of your viewers. What occasions are they on-line? Which days of the week do they use TikTok probably the most?
In the event you submit late at evening when most of your prospects are snoozing, for instance, you won’t get as a lot engagement as you’d have hoped for within the first few hours. And with out that preliminary buzz, your movies won’t get a lift from TikTok’s algorithm.
It’s essential to consistently monitor and analyze these metrics to submit your movies at one of the best occasions. You possibly can entry TikTok’s built-in analytics by switching to a Enterprise account without spending a dime. Head over to your app settings, and click on on Handle Account to change.
5. Share user-generated content material on TikTok
It’s no secret that manufacturers love user-generated content material (UGC). For some industries, like B2C, it’s the best (and typically least costly) solution to purchase and share high-performing content material.
UGC is content material that customers create on your model. You possibly can share or repost this content material by yourself social media profiles in numerous methods, with permission after all. Right here’s how trend model Stradivarius encourages user-generated content material with a branded hashtag:
Sharing user-generated content material is an effective way to feed three birds with one scone:
- Persistently filling your TikTok feed with partaking movies
- Delighting current prospects by providing them recognition
- Buying new prospects by leveraging social proof
You possibly can encourage UGC on TikTok in a number of methods, resembling by collaborating with an influencer to kickstart a pattern, making a branded hashtag or beginning a problem. This takes us to the following level.
6. Create a TikTok problem
Challenges are the bread-and-butter of TikTok. They’ve excessive viral potential, everybody needs to strive them and are extremely entertaining movies.
Prada, for instance, just lately launched the #PradaBucketChallenge on TikTok to encourage individuals to make movies exhibiting how a Prada bucket hat could make a distinction of their wardrobes.
To advertise this problem, Prada enlisted the assistance of a number of high influencer accounts with thousands and thousands of followers, together with Bella Poarch, Michael Le and Lexi Rivera. On the time of writing this text, the hashtag has obtained over 6 billion views.
Earlier than you begin a problem, know why you’re doing it within the first place. What are your objectives?
- Do you wish to enhance model consciousness?
- Are you trying to drive gross sales for a brand new product?
- Do you wish to promote an upcoming occasion?
When you’ve outlined your goal, you’ve gotten a number of methods to kickstart and promote your model new TikTok problem:
- Work with TikTok to advertise your problem. The price of working a sponsored hashtag problem is round $150,000 for six days. Throughout this time, your problem will seem in your viewers’s feed as they discover the app.
- Launch a social media contest to encourage participation. Flip your problem into a contest by awarding a prize to one of the best participant. It’s also possible to set extra guidelines for entry, resembling making it necessary to observe your accounts on Instagram and TikTok.
- Associate with influencers to unfold the phrase. Whereas individuals could take part within the challenges sporadically, in the event that they see their favourite influencer take part, they’ll in all probability soar on the likelihood. Attain out to pick out influencers on TikTok in your area of interest and ask them to take part in your problem whereas utilizing the hashtag. Remember that working with influencers could also be a monetary funding that could possibly be well worth the ROI.
Alternatively, manufacturers also can select to take part in current challenges and trip the waves. Beginning your personal problem could be extremely rewarding, particularly if it goes viral. Nonetheless, it may also be pricey, relying on the way you select to put it up for sale.
7. Promote on TikTok
Though TikTok doesn’t focus closely on monetization, companies can nonetheless run advertisements that mix in seamlessly with the remainder of the content material on the platform to develop their following. There are just a few sorts of advertisements you may run on TikTok.
- In-feed advertisements: These are native advertisements that present up as full-screen movies between a consumer’s scrolling exercise. In-feed advertisements can solely be as much as 60 seconds, and might hyperlink to touchdown pages or app retailer listings. It’s also possible to create partaking advertisements utilizing Interactive Card, Voting Card and Show Card codecs.
- Model takeovers: These are advertisements that present up as quickly as customers open the TikTok app. Model takeover advertisements could be 3 second pictures or 3.5 second movies, and are dearer than in-feed advertisements. Just one advertiser can run a model takeover advert per day per curiosity, taking on the whole share of voice for that class and likewise comes with a hefty price ticket.
- TopVew advertisements: These advertisements are enhanced variations of name takeovers, and are naturally dearer. These movies could be 5-60 seconds lengthy, and customers can interact with them by liking, commenting and sharing.
8. Collaborate with TikTok influencers
Final however not least, TikTok is a haven for manufacturers trying into influencer advertising. There are numerous influencers of all ranges on the platform — from mega influencers with thousands and thousands of followers to nano influencers with just a few thousand followers.
For example, diet model Tropeaka companions with life-style influencers like Lauren Bullen (@gypsealust) who assist create video content material for the model in distinctive methods. Right here’s an instance:
Working with influencers may help you appeal to new audiences and construct a reputable model picture by reaching out via somebody they belief. Beneath are some suggestions for maximizing your TikTok influencer advertising campaigns:
- Discover the appropriate influencers to work with. Search for influencers that align together with your model voice. Additionally, think about whether or not to pursue giant influencers or smaller ones. Bigger influencers provide extra attain however are costly. Smaller influencers are extra reasonably priced, and whereas they provide much less attain, they usually have a loyal, extremely engaged following. Relying in your objectives, the influencers you interact could differ, which brings us to the following level.
- Have clear objectives in thoughts. Partnering with influencers with out clear targets generally is a waste of sources for each events. You should know precisely what you hope to realize out of this collaboration and talk it to the influencer so that they know what to do. Is it model consciousness? Is it a rise in followers or a sure variety of gross sales?
- Don’t be too controlling. When you’ve communicated the tip purpose to the influencer, don’t attempt to take over each facet of the marketing campaign. Define factors you need them to cowl however allow them to have their inventive freedom and do issues “their approach.” Not solely will this enhance your relationship with the influencer, it would additionally make your model look extra credible and genuine.
- Measure and analyze outcomes. Observe the efficiency of your influencer advertising campaigns each throughout and after the execution part. Know whether or not your outlined objectives and targets have been met, or whether or not it is advisable to pivot in any approach.
If executed proper, influencer collaborations on TikTok could be extremely rewarding on your model. Ensure to work together with your chosen influencers through the planning and strategizing phases.
Don’t overlook — they’re specialists at what they do, and may be capable of carry lots of nice concepts or legitimate considerations to the desk that you just’d have in any other case missed.
Attain new audiences and develop your corporation with TikTok
TikTok is right here to remain and can proceed to develop. In the event you’re nonetheless not utilizing it for your corporation, you’re lacking out on tons of potential model consciousness, income and engagement.
In the event you’re able to take your advertising technique to the following degree, listed below are six classes to be taught from TikTok traits you can apply throughout any social media platform.